Friday, August 14, 2009

Baby Samantha

I am a great Aunt. My niece Tiffany gave birth to a beautiful little girl on Tuesday. Born by c-section, she was only 5 lbs but very healthy.
Tiffany did well also.
While I am obviously in love with my amazing grand-niece, I cannot say that I am not apprehensive about her future. My niece is only 18-years-old and still has a year left in high school - exactly like her mother when she was born.
I am hoping that this pattern does not continue.
Also much like her mother, I do not believe that Tiffany got pregnant by accident. I think she thought it would be fun to have a baby - boy is she in for a rude awakening.
In the meantime, I am going to love the dickens out of this newest little family member and spoil her rotten.
As I reassured my mother (now a great-grandma) what's done is done - the future is what matters now. Here's to hoping that Baby Samantha Lynn has a great future.




No comments:

Post a Comment