Friday, October 23, 2009

Good Times

Everybody's youth is a dream, a form of chemical madness.

~ F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Diamond as Big as the Ritz



I was lucky enought to spend sometime last weekend with old friends.

On Saturday night, I met up with some friends from Point Park College (now Univesity).
We were the early to mid - 90s staff of the college radio station, WPPJ, and a finer collection of loser never exhisited before or after.
After the usual updates on marriage, children and divorce - not nesseccarily in that order - things quickly reverted to the old days. The same old jokes and gags resurfaced, like stealing Tim's video camara and making a tape for his possible pretend wife, Marty.
It was juvinile, immature and politically incorrect and I wouldn't change one second of it.

Drew, Carrie, Kim and your girl knocking back a couple at Redbeards on Mount Washington
And then on Sunday afternoon, I got to visit with my best friend from High School, Tawnya.
Tawnya is one of those rear finds that stopped being a friend about 15 years ago and became family. Everone in my family knows and considers her a part of the family.

T and Ella
What a great weekend :)

1 comment:

  1. That looks like fun! Call me next time. I spent my fair share of time at WPPJ. Remember the one (and only one) semester Jenn and I had a radio show? We dedicated "I touch myself" to that guy (won't say his name) who is now a news reporter for a local TV station. Man, did he ream us for that. Good times! It's good to see the old gang... and Tawnya, too.

    ReplyDelete